Tea is a great social adhesive, bringing friends and family together to sit and talk. Moreover, it’s benefits are plenty and rewarding for those who stay loyal to their cup. While coffee is a drink of choice for many, it is heartening to know 3 out of 5 coffee drinkers globally are now switching to tea. If you’re looking for reasons to sip cups of tea daily, we give you ten good ones:
1. Nourishes your body – Tea is good for you but beyond that general statement tea is absolutely the perfect beverage to improve your life, health and well-being. Tea’s rich antioxidants, multi-vitamins and minerals make it the ultimate whole body wellness drink.
2. Keeps you hydrated – Unlike coffee, tea actually hydrates your body, which proves a fundamental factor in enhancing focus. Tea replenishes your fluid intake since it’s pure water with a flavor. Moreover, it keeps your skin hydrated and glowing.
3. Detoxifies your body – Tea has been documented to contain a lot more antioxidants than are present in coffee. Antioxidants assist in clearing free radicals in the body, keep it healthy, help you feel fresh and luckily tea has lots of them!
4. Boosts energy and endurance – Contrary to popular belief, tea has the same amount of caffeine as coffee. However, coffee can bring you down once the initial high has subsided. The slow release of caffeine combined with tea’s main stimulants leaves you revved up but totally chilled out.
5. Clears your mind – You must have never heard anyone say, “I am going to go and relax with a cup of coffee.” Tea is known to be an anti-depressant – it calms your nerves and invigorates your body. So the next time you are looking to boost your mood, get a cup instead of hitting the bar.
6. Protects your bones – People who drink tea on a daily basis have stronger bones and are less likely to break their hip in the long run, due to the high levels of catechins in tea. Having 3-5 cups everyday is certain to keep your bones healthy.
7. Protects your teeth – Tea contains fluoride that protects your teeth and doesn’t stain them unlike coffee. A reasonable amount of tea will keep you and your teeth happy.
8. Strengthens the immune system – Tea is also known to be good at keeping your immunity strong. Drinking tea on a regular basis can sure protect you from frequent sickness. Plus you can include tea blends and tisanes in your diet that contain immunity boosting herbs like ginseng, licorice root, ginger etc.
9. Helps in maintaining weight – Unlike regular vanilla and hazelnut lattes that are loaded with high amounts of sugar and calories, tea is perfect in it’s form for the weight watchers and people who are switching to a cleaner lifestyle.
10. Let’s you drink more – And finally. Can you imagine if you drank five or six cups of coffee every day? Your heart would explode. Tea has higher diversity of flavor profiles and you can open your taste buds on a much wider scale with tea. From black and green teas to tea blends and even caffeine free herbal infusions, you are sure to find ones you like.
Leaves or beans, tea wins hands down. So ponder on all the information we leave you with, while we go grab a cup ourselves!