Who doesn’t want to have a limitless store of energy to accomplish their daily tasks, even after a busy, long day? Especially given the hectic schedules modern life subjects us to, most of us strive to maintain adequate levels of energy to achieve all that we set out for ourselves. Here are 7 ways you can naturally boost your energy levels and make space for your favourite activities everyday:
1. Get Moving – Exercise is one of the most effective ways to keep yourself fit and positive throughout the day. Even a 15 minute jog early in the morning is bound to keep your energy levels up all day. Join a gym, go for morning runs, practise a personal exercise regime – the options are plenty. Choose a workout plan that works the best for you and stick to it to keep feeling positive and motivated all day.
2. Drink Lots of Water – The importance of drinking water frequently cannot be stressed enough. Not only does it keep you healthy and hydrated, water also flushes toxins out and thus gives a feel-good vibe as it improves bodily functions. If you forget to drink enough water during the day, always keep a bottle of water close and take small sips at regular intervals.
3. Get More Sleep – If you often find yourself lethargic through the day, you may be short on suffering from a lack of adequate sleep. At least 6-8 hours of sleep everyday is necessary to work at optimal levels. You can also take short afternoon naps (15-20 minutes) to restart your system.
4. Tap into Plant Power – One of the best natural sources of defeating fatigue are adaptogenic herbs, plants that are widely used for their medicinal and healing properties. They are known to reduce anxiety, stress and fatigue. An excellent way of building natural energy without resorting to artificial stimulators is Ginseng or Ashwagandha and Gotu Kola or Brahmi. These herbs boost both mental and physical energy, increase your threshold for taking stress, boost metabolism and enhance immunity in the body.
5. Switch to Tea – Most of us in 9 to 5 jobs fall into the habit of intaking large quantities of caffeine or energy drinks to keep ourselves going. This is an unhealthy habit and can be substituted with tea instead. Tea is natural, has a lot of health benefits and is the best substitute for artificial drinks and sodas that only harm the body in the long run.
6. Eat Clean – If you want your body to perform optimally throughout the day, you have to fuel it right. Include as much organic and raw produce in your daily diet as you can and cut out processed and junk food. Say goodbye to artificial foods, salty and sugary foods and embrace veggies, fruits, nuts and healthy meats. You’ll be amazed to see how energetic you feel by paying special attention to what you eat.
7. Relax – Above all, don’t forget to take a deep breath! Take time out during different parts of the day to just relax and free your mind of all troubles. Stress-induced feelings and emotions eat into a lot of your energy and must be carefully pushed away. During times of chaos, taking a deep breath becomes paramount and is an ideal approach to bringing your energy levels bank to normal when they are lagging. So take 5 minutes off when you feel fatigue, take deep, long breaths and you’ll experience an instant surge in your energy levels as oxygen travels to your brain. It is a quick yet effective way to give yourself a wake-up call in the middle of a busy day!