Who doesn’t love sipping on fizzy, carbonated drinks on occasions ranging from going out with friends or being plain bored at home? However, for all their easy charm, aerated drinks are not all that harmless. Last year, scientists claimed fizzy drinks cause thousands of deaths every year. Not the first time they have come under the scanner, artificial drinks often contain sugar, harmful chemicals and minimal nutritional value. While they still enjoy a wide appeal, we have been warned against their potential harms on numerous occasions.
It is time to switch over to nutritious and natural options from aerated drinks. Let us look at some reasons to quit your fizzy drinking habit:
1. Increased risk of diabetes – The high amount of sugar in artificial drinks skyrockets the blood sugar and causes an insulin reaction in the body. Over time, this can lead to type 2 diabetes or insulin resistance. Between 1990 and 2000, an increase in the consumption of fizzy drinks led to a whopping 130,000 new diabetes cases.
2. Can lead to heart disease – There exists a strong link between heart disease and the consumption of foods with added sugars. Sipping on fizzy drinks can dramatically increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Not just this, the artificial sweeteners used in diet beverages are established neurotoxins that are responsible for several behavioral and cognitive problems.
3. Increases risk of cancer – The synthetic chemicals used in the coloring of soft drinks are believed to be carcinogenic and have subsequently been banned in many countries. In addition, diet sodas have artificial sweeteners that are documented carcinogens. Aerated drinks can lead to various kinds of cancer such as prostate cancer in men, breast cancer in women and pancreatic cancer.
4. Obesity – It is no secret that soft drinks have zero nutritional value and make us fat. When you drink fizzy drinks, you confuse your body into thinking it is sugar intake. When it figures out the truth, you instantly develop a craving for the sugar you missed out on! Moreover, sweet sensations promote insulin release, blocking your body’s ability to burn fat.
5. Damages dental health – The high acidity in artificial drinks causes plaque to build up on the teeth and can lead to cavities and gum disease. Long-term consumption of colored drinks causes the same harmful effect.
6. Premature ageing – The phosphates used in artificially sweetened drinks have been found to speed ageing. This doesn’t just mean more wrinkles on your face, but several health complications as well.
7. Dehydration – Because of the high sugar, sodium and caffeine content in artificial drinks, they dehydrate the body and over a long period of time can cause chronic dehydration.
8. Alters your brain – Besides affecting the body, aerated drinks are also found to change the protein levels in the brain, leading to hyperactivity.
9. Can cause early puberty – Consuming sugary drinks every day can lead to incidences of teenage girls hitting their period earlier, consequently increasing their risk of cancer.
10. Taxes your organs – Your heart, liver, brain, digestive tract and kidney work in-sync for optimum functioning of the body. Artifical aerated drinks trigger your organs to react as if they are in a dangerous situation and cause imbalance, which puts your body under a lot of stress. This is very harmful to your health in the long run.
So, the next time you are looking for an energy boost, think about alternative ways before you buy energy drinks. Switch to tea and explore it’s vast flavors and taste options. Find the ones you like. It’s all about going natural, respecting your body and pumping it with nature’s power. Explore Rangsaa blends and kickstart your healthy lifestyle today.