This recipe will be by far the most succulent, aromatic and flavorful whole chicken roast you will ever make. No kidding! The key to this awesome chicken is the process of soaking and marinating it with our signature herbal infusion from Rangsaa. The use of tea transforms the chicken completely, making it more wonderfully fragrant and unique. This fancy feast is super easy to make and will quickly become your family’s friday night favorite.
1 kg whole chicken
4 tsp Rangsaa Maximus
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp fennel seeds
6 garlic cloves
3 tbsp honey
1 tsp pepper
1. Start with making your tea sauce. Brew Rangsaa’s Maximus in 1 cup pre-boiled water for 15 minutes.
2. While tea is steeping, add coriander seeds, fennels seeds to a pan and toast them until the aromas are released.
3. Then add butter to the mixture and blend it all in on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, while adding tea sauce, garlic, honey, pepper and salt to the mixture, stirring until completely dissolved.
4. Put the chicken on 2 layered aluminium foil and stuff it’s cavity with the final herbaceous mixture and one sliced lemon. Be careful in sealing the chicken properly with the foil, so that the sauce doesn’t leak.
5. Marinate your chicken for 2 hours. Take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before it goes into the oven.
6. Preheat the over at 200 C and bake the chicken at 200 C for an hour. Then take out the chicken, open your foil bag, and remove the chicken from the sauce. Coat it’s skin with a mixture of salt and pepper, and glaze it with honey.
7. Put the chicken alone in the oven and bake it at 200 C for 15 minutes.
8. Voila! your outrageously aromatic chicken roast is ready. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Prep time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hr 30 mins
Suggested pairing – White wine